Friday, November 12, 2010

Behind the Mic: Episode 24

To start these things off, I thought it would be smart to start at the beginning. Taking a leaf out of George Lucas' beard however, I think Ill actually start somewhere in the middle, follow on a litte bit, then completely confuse knuckle draggers by going back to the beginning. This is not a dig at GL I thoroughly enjoyed the Prequel Trilogy, and can easily separate the timelines and have no hatred for Jar Jar Binks, but that is for a future post.
     Intrigued by the potential Jar Jar discussion? I'm glad, however I will be starting with Episode 24 because this is the most recent one, having just listened to it. Before the show had started, we were discussing a myriad of unrelated topics, with each having a kernel of the next story embedded in it somewhere for one of the others to pick up and run with it. This sounds extraordinarily inspired, but it is not so much planned as we each just like to interrupt each other's stories. So the creator, host, director of The Comedy Buffet was talking (I'll be sure to take better notes on future episodes, another reason I am starting with 24) about those gag gifts with the cans that spew out "snakes", and our youngest member, a scarce 2 years my junior, had apparently never heard of them, so I sarcastically said that yes, they are new, they had just come out last year. Uproarious laughter comes from The Director, and we continue on, but we allude do the young one's blunder when we mentioned Rock'em Sock'em Robots. Now that was just one story, and may have only been funny to a select few, but I have one or two stories I shall keep in my cyber cap for now, I just do not feel that they do not fit in very well at this time. As I have a new recording going on tomorrow, you may expect a few more posts by the beginning of next week. I hope this all finds you high in AP, HP, Mana, what have you.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment